August 11, 2013
Hello and welcome to this week's edition of Servant Warrior® Radio. Jeff Searcy, here.
This week we take a listen to a message I shared some time ago. It from the Life is a Highway Series and entitled "Wrong Direction...Right Spot". It is a message out of the Book of Jonah...but not the one you expect. In fact, you may have never heard this perspective before...I hadn't. I'm grateful God revealed it to me. I am also talking about the essence of Servant Warrior® Ministries and the arming of warriors with a great list of resources that are all linked below. Music this week is from Toby Mac, Mustardseed, 12 Stones, dcTalk, and Rascal Flatts.
Now, before I share the list, there are hundreds if not thousands of books that should be on this list. This is a list of books that impacted me, some still do on a consistent basis, and I wanted to share them. So here we go...
1. The BIBLE - The only one you truly need. I recommend getting a few different versions, some as study Bibles, so you can cross reference and get the full and correct context. As promised, here is a link to access some great reading plans.
Others mentioned during the show...and these are in no particular order:
* My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers (A staple devotional)
* Leading with a Limp by Dan B. Allender, PhD
* Jesus Freaks by dc Talk & The Voice of the Martyrs
* Leadership Lessons of Jesus by Bob Briner & Dan Pritchard
* Work Like You're Showing Off by Joe Calloway
* The Three Battlegrounds by Francis Frangipane (If you get only one, other than the Bible, get this one.)
* Art of War by Sun Tzu
* The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon
* Grace by Bob Lenz
* Hand Me Another Brick by Charles Swindoll
* 21 Most Powerful Minutes in a Leader's Day by John Maxwell
So there you have it. Until next week, keep it Real...Radical...Relentless...Relevant...Rock On...and Armor Up every day.
This has been Servant Warrior® Radio.
Make sure to check out ServantWarriorMinistries.org